Retail Scan - Tech Lead Job Profile
We are looking for an experienced Tech Lead having experience in either Python or PHP or Node JS to join our company. The Tech Lead will oversee the company’s technical team and all projects they undertake, analyze briefs, write progress reports, identify risks, and develop work schedules. The Tech Lead should be able to work with the team and inspire them to reach their goals. The Tech Lead will be involved in programming as well.
1. Assessing and prioritizing project requirements, feature requests and developing work schedules for the team.
2. Provide recommendations for improving system architecture, database design and integration of third party tools.
3. Coordinating with development teams, both internal & external to determine application requirements.
4. Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
5. Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
6. Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
7. Analyzing existing operations and scheduling meetings to discuss improvements.
8. Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required.
9. Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
10. Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
11. Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
12. Reviewing code written by team members to ensure it is scalable, follows standards and best practices.
13. Writing scalable code using Python or PHP or Node JS.
14. Testing and debugging applications.
15. Reprogramming existing databases to improve functionality.
16. Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
Requirements - Must Have:
1. Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field.
2. 5+ years of experience as a Python Developer with expert knowledge of Python and Django frameworks or as a PHP developer with expertise in core PHP or frameworks such as Laravel or as a Node JS developer using Express framework.
3. Experience with managing a team of developers
4. Experience in working on projects consisting of web apps, mobile apps and APIs
5. Experience working with relational databases such as MS SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres. MS SQL is the preferred choice.
6. Familiar with AWS EC2 application & DB deployment, server provisioning and Docker implementation.
7. Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
8. Strong leadership and organizational abilities.
9. Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and clients, including external consultants.
10. Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
11. Deep understanding of multi-process architecture and the threading limitations of Python / PHP / Node JS.
12. For candidates with PHP or Node background, the willingness to learn Python Django framework.
Requirements - Good to Have:
1. Familiarity with unit testing
2. Experience with DevOps process
3. Experience integrating services such as AWS S3, payment gateway and other third party services.
4. 2+ years of experience in leading a team